- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.3
- Minor styling fixes for upcoming WP 3.9.
- Minor improvements to Mini Post Grids.
- Fixed some non working options with recently added
- Fixed error when installing theme recommended plugins in bulk under Appearance > Theme Plugins.
- Improved how menu item icons are handled on frontend.
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.2
- Minor fixes to mobile navigation.
- Fixed missing FontAwesome icons in post meta.
- Added additional HTML5 inputs to general form styling.
- Fixed dropping sidebars in IE8.
- Fixed inconsistencies with internal grid system.
- Fixed issues with saving certain special characters in Custom CSS option.
- Added support for thumbnail navigation with Boostrap Carousel slider (requires Theme Blvd Sliders v1.2.1+).
- Added support for Jumbotron, can be used with Theme Blvd Shortcodes 1.3+, Theme Blvd Layout Builder 1.2.3+.
- Added support for
[gallery_slider], can be used with Theme Blvd Shortcodes 1.3+.
- Updated TGM Plugin Activation to 2.4.0.
- Fixed some recent, admin compatibility issues with WPML.
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.1
- Minor fixes to themeblvd-dark.css.
- Minor fixes to admin option styles.
- Improved default styling for forms from third-party plugins.
Warning: Make sure to read this article before updating: Updating to framework 2.4
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.0
- Updated to Bootstrap 3.
- Updated to FontAwesome 4.
- Admin styling adjustments for WordPress 3.8.
- Fixed issues with built-in Envato updates.
- Fixed bug with post grid display in IE8.
- Fixed image logo display in IE when no image width is set.
- Fixed Gallery Override feature of mini post grid being limited to 5 images.
- Fixed CSS call to missing images in dark.css.
- Added background color and image selection to WordPress Customizer.
- Minor improvement to in-dashboard updates.
- Added filter to
- Added filter
themeblvd_get_option for every time an option is pulled.
- Admin jQuery improvements for 1.9 - Converted all .live() to .on()
ThemeBlvd_Select_Menu_Walker::start_el() PHP 5.4 strict error.
- Fixed IE8 Carrousel slider display bug.
- Fixed CSS overflow quirk with Nivo slider type.
- Fixed double website title bug in Feeds.
- Fixed bug with saving "Custom Text" logo option.
- Fixed issues with main menu dropdowns not displaying over some items.
- Fixed logo not showing in IE8.
- Adjusted tags to display naturally below post content in post lists.
- Fixed handling of private and password-protected pages with custom layouts.
- Fixed compatibility with Theme Blvd Layouts to Posts plugin.
- Updated breadcrumbs HTML markup to match Twitter Bootstrap 2.3 changes.
- Adjusted main menu toggle button to not show when printing.
- Adding missing "Color" selection for social icons in Customizer.
- Fixed line-height CSS issues with slider headlines.
- Fixed admin media uploader bug in Firefox and IE.
- Fixed bug with
themeblvd_edit_option() in Options API.
- Fixed Magnific popup localization with Next/Previous buttons.
- Adjusted for
themeblvd_get_option_name() to be available earlier, like prior to framework v2.3.
- Applied proper clearfix to #featured, #main, #featured_below containers. -- Fixes custom layout gaps.
- Custom background fixes --
- Theme's default background color no longer present behind custom background.
- If you select anything from Appearance > Background, color OR image only, theme's background will be fully suppressed.
Warning: Make sure to read this article before updating: Updating to framework 2.3
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.3.0
- Improvements and fixes for WordPress 3.6.
- Global admin UI fixes, including adding support for WordPress 3.5+ media uploader.
- Added responsive support for self-hosted videos.
- Added responsive support for self-hosted audio files.
- Resulting pagination from using
<!--nextpage--> is now filtered to output like framework's pagination.
- Added Twitter Bootstrap 2.3 and FontAwesome 3.2.
- Complete CSS overhaul.
- Basic HiDPI (i.e. Retina) support added to main layout elements.
- Tons of responsive improvements for mobile devices and tablets.
- Icon-support added to WordPress's menu builder.
- Styling enhancements for WordPress's menu widget when used in sidebars.
- Layout Builder functionality moved to Theme Blvd Layout Builder plugin.
- Now edit custom layouts directly from the Edit Page screen, in addition to the Builder.
- Minor UI improvements for managing layouts.
- Can now edit layout names and ID's after creating them.
- Slider functionality moved to Theme Blvd Sliders plugin.
- Nivo slider type added.
- No more fixed CSS heights on sliders any where.
- Height limits on slider videos is now controlled when editing a slider.
- Custom image size selection added.
- Full-size image links added.
- Buttons on full-width image slides removed; use image link instead.
- Post Slider added, which generates standard slider from a set of posts.
- Minor UI improvements for managing sliders.
- Can now edit slider names and ID's after creating them.
- Sliders now displayed on frontend much more efficiently.
- Much more extendable for developers.
- Custom widget area functionality moved to Theme Blvd Widget Areas plugin.
- Custom conditional support for assigning widget areas added.
- Can now apply custom sidebars directly while editing pages, if you like.
- Minor UI improvements for managing widget areas.
- Widgets moved to Theme Blvd Widget Pack plugin.
- Twitter widget has been removed; use Tweeple plugin instead.
- Horizontal menu widget added for collapsible widget areas.
- Mini Post Grid can now take a standard gallery. -- Ex:
- Shortcodes moved to Theme Blvd Shortcodes plugin.
- Many new shortcodes and enhancements added for Twitter Bootstrap integration.
- A lot of current shortcodes have changed, but with backward compatibility in mind.
- Lightbox shortcode added with Auto Lightbox feature. (See video)
[icon] shortcode now accepts custom icons; simply create an "icons" folder in your Child theme.
- New general documentation website for shortcode usage. shortcodes.themeblvd.com
- Default lightbox integration now uses Magnific Popup.
- Huge improvements to responsive handling.
- Corresponding setup options added to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Lightbox.
- Google map support added for lightbox popups.
- Get prettyPhoto back by activating the Theme Blvd prettyPhoto plugin (with HiDPI/Retina support added).
- Theme Options updates.
- Minor UI enhancements.
- Skin options removed. (See video)
- Added selection for color social media icons.
- Added HiDPI (Retina) support for logo option.
- Added new lightbox options.
- Added new mobile navigation options.
- Removed analytics option.
- Enhanced developer love.
- Huge framework improvements to the API system, database querying, and performance.
- Tons of new filters and actions added.
- CSS files re-arranged for easier Child theme CSS mods; now use style.css.
- A lot of code re-formatting, commenting and overall cleanup for better organization and readability.
- Still continuing to grow the developer documentation. dev.themeblvd.com.
- Automatic theme updates added for updating through WordPress admin from Envato servers.
- Requires Envato API key from an account that has purchased the theme.
- Corresponding setup options added to Appearance > Updates.
- Configure for backups to be made when updating (still experimental).
- Currently not supported with WordPress Multisite.
- Fixed bug with customizer clearing social icons saved from Theme Options page.
- Updated FlexSlider jQuery plugin to v2.0 and made adjustments it's compatible. This shouldn't make any immediate difference in your theme, but will allow us to add functionality in the future. If you're using the Theme Blvd News Scroller widget, make sure to update it!
- Hooked in new function to WordPress's "pre get posts" action that adjusts the true "posts per page" setting for custom homepage layouts that contain a paginated element.
- Added frontend locals.php file to API directory. This allows it to be accessed by any 3rd-party plugin that may be trying to access fronted text strings when is_admin is true, for whatever reason. Specifically, this issue was brought about by the AJAX Comment Loading plugin.
- Fixed bug with localization not working on text strings included within API areas like Theme Options.
- Fixed minor styling bug with Theme Blvd featured Video plugin and post lists.
- Allowed responsiveness to take effect on Windows mobile devices.
- Added compatibility with WordPress 3.4 Customizer (still experimental).
- Added optional pause on hover feature to standard slider options.
- Added alt tags to images in sliders for you SEO folks.
- Added title as accepted parameter for img tags when saving theme textareas.
- Fixed Lucida Grande font selection from Theme Options.
- Removed clear:both; CSS on header tags.
- Updated all admin modules to work with this tutorial.
- Improved display of image attachments for attachment.php
- Fixed search form to work with WP sites installed in sub-directories different than the site url.
- Adjusted responsive images for IE8 and below.
- Turned off responsive window re-sizing for IE8 and below.
- Adjusted target size for tablets from 800px to 960px so these CSS adjustments kick in at a larger viewport size.
- Fixed PHP warning when saving Content element of the Layout Builder and no floating widgets areas exist.
- Adjusted slider mobile fallback to display shortcodes in descriptions.
- Adjusted so when no custom layouts have been created, you won't see any message about custom layouts under "Page Attributes" until you attempt to select the "Custom Layout" page template.
- Added specific support for WordPress Multisite signup page.
- Added stripslashes to titles of tabs to allow apostrophes.
- Fixed "light" colored menu when combined with stretch body layout and dark body style.
- Fixed how search icon wasn't showing on "light blue" colored menu when shape was set to "classic"
- Removed CSS call to missing image "text-gradient-dark.png"
- Fixed issues with small thumbnails in post lists and archives after previous update. -- After making this update, although it is not required in all cases, it's suggested that you re-generate your thumbnails.
- Adjusted header social icons so they open in a new window if they aren't the email icon.
- Adjusted [toggle] shortcode's content to allow shortcodes within.
- Fixed shortcode generator not inserting [icon_link] properly.
- Adjusted styling on shortcode generator.
- Added TBTHEMENAME constant for internal processes.
- Added missing stripslashes() to Headlines and Descriptions of sliders when displayed in mobile fallback mode.
- Added fallback thumbnails for mini post grids and mini post lists when featured image has not been set.
- Added missing call to themeblvdheadermenu_addon hook with custom Alyeska main menu function.
- Fixed bug with "Post in Category" custom widget area assignments. Now this will only apply the widget area to single posts, as expected, and never to the homepage or archive pages that contain the selected post at the start.
- Improved overall localization for upcoming "Theme Blvd WPML Bridge" plugin. Frontend text strings now have a separate gettext domain.
- Added frontend theme location support and styling for upcoming "Theme Blvd WPML Bridge" plugin.
- Responsive CSS fixes to allow images to be re-sized in Visual editor, but still remain responsive.
- Fixed issues with conflicting native WordPress thumbnail sizes -- small, medium, and large.
- Fixed mobile select menu primary navigation to look consistent no matter what style options are selected.
- Adjusted layout styles to ensure Fetured areas below and above match the width of the main content area. This also fixes staged slider images in the main content area from not filling their framed containers.
- Re-generated localization PO file.
- Fixed logo image not centering properly on mobile devices.
- Fixed gap that appears beneath boxed elements when in the "Featured Below" area of a custom layout.
- Fixed slider mobile fallback option called "Show first slide only for a more simple mobile experience" - Now, it's actually only showing the first slide.
- Adjusted slider mobile fallback function to use image crop size associated with the image position selected for that slide (i.e. staged left/right or full width slide).
- Removed "pause on hover" feature from standard slider because it causes conflicts with pause/play controls.
- Fixed oEmbed not working on posts.
- Adjusted tagline text in right side of header to be aligned right - This becomes noticeable if the string of social icons is longer than the text of the tagline.
- Fixed inconsistant results with select menu main navigation showing up on mobile devices.
to allowed tags on basic sanitization of inputs.
- Styled featured images of post grids to look nicer on wider mobile devices like iPhone landscape mode.
- In post options when you select an external link for your featured image, an option to select if the link opens in a new window or not has been added.
- Added "themeblvd sidebar layout" filter to make adjustments to the determined sidebar layout for the current page.
- Re-generated localization PO file.
- Updated Theme Blvd Framework to 2.1.0
- Added option for text string under social icons in header.
- Added display options for post lists, archives, and post grids.
- Increased font size on mobile devices and tablets.
- Converted outputted string "Search" on main menu's search popup to be accessable through theme's frontend localization filter. This will allow it to be compatible with the Theme Blvd String Swap plugin.
- Removed duplicate search box option that was present under Theme Options > Layout > Main.
- Fixed comment bubble link in blogroll to link down to the actual post comments.
- Removed white text shadow on buttons in the slogan element.
- Adjusted slider design so if nav arrows and nav buttons are hidden, nav area will be hidden.
- Adjusted some layout background images for new devices with Retina Display (iPad 3 / iPhone 4S).
- Added basic print CSS styles.
- Now configuring anything under Appearance > Background will override the theme's skin background settings.
- Fixed 1px bug in shadow on left/right of main menu when viewing the light skin background.
- Removed all old IE transparency filters.
- Added frames to images in [gallery] and added padding when scaling down responsively.
- Altered how theme adds image sizes so they can be filtered from plugin or child theme.
- Fixed "no-click" class on dropdown menus in this theme.
- Fixed very slight color discrepancy with the shade that gets placed over header text in the content areas.
- Fixed styling issues with "Theme Blvd Simple Contact" widget when used in a fixed sidebar.
- When logo is set to be text and not an image, default color is now white.
- Adjusted how viewport meta tag is set in head of the site depending on whether you have responsive design turned on or off.
- Integrated comments better into framework's internal front-end localization filter.
- Fixed YouTube filter to fix YouTube's wmode bug in their native embed code.
- Adjusted Changelog link on theme options page to open in lightbox popup.
- Fixed Picasa icon of social icon selections.
- Added "themeblvdfootercopyright" filter to footer copyright text option output for use in plugins.
- Added "themeblvdpostthumbnail" filter for use in plugins.
- Now allowing input of 1 column in [post_grid] shortcode.
- Adjusted recent tweet element to use caching.
- Updated FlexSlider jQuery plugin to v1.8
- Added iframe as accepted HTML tag in content areas of the framework.
- Fixed bug with Featured area of custom layouts showing on Homepage with no featured elements.
- In generating [icon] shortcode from TinyMCE shortcode generator, fixed mug icon and added additional icons.
- Now toggle short code accepts shortcodes within along with WordPress automatic formatting.
- Re-generated localization file.
- Updated framework to version 2.0.5.
- This is the first release under the new system constructed from Theme Blvd Framework version 2.0.4.